# Download the Latest Blockchain
A running node requires up-to-date blockchain database for operation. blockchain_last.tar database is generated during node operation when the node gets new blocks. The node database is stored in the /var/lib/waves/data folder.
To download and implement the latest node blockchain database, complete the followiong steps:
- Download the database (blockchain_last.tar file) via the link.
- Run the checksum with some tool to test both files from the link above (checksum of the blockchain_last.tar file should be the same as inside blockchain_last.tar.SHA1SUM file).
- Delete the data folder by running the followong command:
sudo rm -rdf /var/lib/waves/data.
- Unpack the database files in the following folder:
- Run the node with the following command:
sudo systemctl start waves.
Latest up-to date database can be obtained via one of the following links:
Note: Please note that the linked files are updated regularly.
# Alternative Unpacking Method
Traditional method of downloading and unpacking requires a lot of disc space. In some cases the disc space is only enough for the blockchain itself and very little extra. Linux users can save disc space by using one of the following commands to unpack the archive during the downloading, so that the unpacked database files will be saved on disc without storing the archive.
If the node is installed from DEB package, run the following commands:
cd /var/lib/waves sudo -u waves bash -c "wget -qO- http://blockchain.wavesnodes.com/blockchain_last.tar --show-progress | tar xf -"
If the node is running from a JAR file, navigate to the folder where the node's database is stored and run the following command:
wget -qO- http://blockchain.wavesnodes.com/blockchain_last.tar --show-progress | tar xf -