- You've initialized your Ledger Nano S.
- The latest firmware is installed.
- Ledger Live is ready to use.
- Google Chrome or Firefox or Desktop app is installed.
Install the Waves app
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
- Find Waves in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Open Waves app on your Ledger Nano S
- Once the Waves application is installed, use the left or right button to find it on the dashboard.
- Press both left and right buttons simultaneously to launch the app.
- Make sure your Ledger Nano S is connected, unlocked, other cryptocurrency apps are not running and not intercepting the connection between Ledger Nano and Waves app.
- Visit https://dex.wavesplatform.com (Google Chrome or Firefox browser) or install Desktop app.
- Click on Import accounts if you are using the Waves app for the first time or click on Create a new account > Import accounts.
- Choose Import accounts from your Ledger Nano S. An address selection page will appear.
- Select an address to interact with. Usually this will be the first one by default, but you can use any address.
- Click the Continue button and confirm the request to the Matcher on your Ledger Nano S. If you do not sign it, you cannot trade on the Waves Decentralized Exchange from a Ledger account.
- You should now see the full functionality of the Waves Client.
Check your balance
After the authorization, you can check your balance on the Asset page.
At the top left corner on the Asset page click on the Send button.
In the Currency field, select Asset that you want to send. Then click on it.
Fill in the sending form
- Recipient: Enter the recipient Waves address.
- Amount: Define a number of selected Asset you want to send.
- Description: Optional. You can write a message for the recipient in the Description field.
After you have entered all necessary information, click on the Continue button.
The following pop-up will appear.
Re-check entered data and confirm the transaction on your Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano S supports as many Waves account as you need. To do this, start the importing process described above with Ledger Nano and Waves app and select the required account.
Choose a name and click on the Continue.
Confirm the request on Ledger Nano by comparing the request hash between the Waves app and the data on the Ledger screen. If everything is in order, confirm the hash on your device.
After that you will be forwarded to the main page of the Waves app. All done!
See more articles in the Account Management chapter.